Appointments & Cross-Appointments
Outline for Application for Cross-Appointment
The Department of Physiology values its cross-appointed members, recognizing that they play essential roles in the many research and education activities of the Department. In order to obtain cross-appointment status the following requirements should be met:
Candidates must hold an appointment at the University of Toronto at the level of Assistant Professor or higher.
Applications take effect January 1 or July 1 of each calendar year.
In order to hold a graduate appointment in the Department the candidate must hold peer-reviewed grant support sufficient to support a doctoral graduate student for a period of 5 years . The Candidate will be an independent scientist and the PI on the grant which is to support graduate students.
Applications are submitted on-line using the Faculty of Medicine's Appointments System. Please follow steps 1-5 below:
- Go to Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for an Academic Appointment
- Answer the yes & no questions to determine the type of academic appointment you are seeking (i.e., Non-budgetary cross appointment, Status-Only appointment, Adjunct)
- Click on the “Apply Here!” button on right hand side of page
- Complete the Application Form. Remember to upload your Covering Letter to the Chair (Dr. Scott Heximer) and your CV.
- Cover letter: provide reasons why you are a good fit for the department; indicate the PSL laboratories with which you would likely collaborate and the courses where you feel your expertise would be most useful.
- CV should include: a full publication history, details of current grants and grant history (start, finish, yearly amount), a statement of research achievements and interests, a history of graduate student research supervision including names, dates, thesis titles and publications, an account of other teaching responsibilities.
5. Click on the “Submit button”
You must also arrange for three letters of support from members of the Department of Physiology to be sent to the Chair c/o email@example.com. At least two of these letters should come from faculty in the relevant Research Platform. These letters should clearly articulate how the candidate will be involved in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
The Chair’s Office will be in touch with you shortly thereafter concerning your application.