Funding Information for International Students

The Immigration Department requires that visa students be self-supporting. Your own funds are needed until other support is found. The Department of Physiology does not have funds for personal financial aid to students. Not all research funding agencies allow supervisors to fund foreign students. The Department of Physiology is not financially responsible for students, although it facilitates their applications for scholarships whenever possible.

International Student Awards

Possible Sources of Financial Support for International Students

Possible sources of financial support for international students might be CIDA, IDRC or World Bank Scholarship. Scholarships may also be available through your home university or government. Prospective applicants are encouraged to investigate in their home countries all possible sources for possible funding of their proposed study in Canada. The following contacts may be helpful; additional eligibility criteria apply for each program shown.

Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)

For persons involved with CIDA-sponsored projects in underdeveloped and developing countries. Contact the Canadian International Development Agency or contact the Canadian Embassy in your country.

Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships Plans

These are available for Commonwealth citizens (non-Canadian) or permanent residents within the Commonwealth. Contact the Commonwealth Scholarship agency (normally the Ministry of Education) in your home country for information and application forms.

Rotary Foundation International Scholarships

For citizens of countries in which there is a Rotary Club, check with your local Rotary Club or contact: The Rotary Foundation One Rotary Center 1560 Sherman Ave Evanston, Illinois U.S.A. 60201

Canadian Bureau for International Education

CBIE has compiled a very useful list of awards to international students. Application must be made from outside Canada. Canadian Bureau for International Education