Health, Wellness, and Inclusion
Completing your graduate education is sure to be a rich and rewarding part of your life, but we know it can also be challenging in many ways. The Department of Physiology's goal is to create an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Read more about our approach to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion here. Click through the dropdowns for resources to find support and connection on campus and beyond.
- Connect with the Faculty of Medicine's Office of Inclusion and Diversity here
Taking Care of Ourselves and Others:
- We encourage students, faculty, and staff to take U of T's free, online Identify, Assist, Refer training so that we are better equipped to support our community members’ health and wellbeing.
- Take advantage of U of T's Mindful Moments and Sport and Rec programming to support your wellbeing.
- Need some self-care but not sure where to start? Here's an easy interactive tool to complete by yourself or with a friend.
Access appointments with a variety of clinicians, receive immunizations, and learn more about sexual and nutritional health through U of T's Health and Wellness Department.
- Many graduate students go through periods of anxiety, depression, burnout, and other challenges. These are nothing to be ashamed of and don’t need to be managed alone. Whether you are struggling with financial, academic, or personal stress, there are many resources available to assist you at the University. Click here for the U of T Student Mental Health Portal or look through the drop downs below for more resources.
If you are in an emergency, please call 911.
Counselling and Workshops
Faculty of Medicine Counsellors:
The Office of Graduate and Life Sciences Education (GLSE) in the Faculty of Medicine has dedicated, on-location counsellors available exclusively to our graduate students.
To schedule an appointment with a counsellor, please call 416-978-8030 (select option “5”) between 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. All full-time and part-time students can call to ask questions or book/reschedule a Monday to Friday appointment. When asked, please let them know you are a graduate student in the Temerty Faculty of Medicine.
Find out more about these counsellors here.
Additional Counselling and Services:
More services, including one-on-one counselling, group therapy, and workshops on coping skills can be accessed here.