Academic Appeals

Graduate students may dispute substantive or procedural academic matters, including grades, evaluation of comprehensive examinations and other program requirements, decisions about the student’s continuation in any program, or concerning any other decision with respect to the application of academic regulations and requirements to a student. Students must first attempt to resolve the matter with the instructor or other person whose ruling is in question.

Should the matter not be resolved and should the student wish to pursue it, the student must discuss the matter with the Graduate Coordinator, Graduate Studies.

Should such discussions fail to resolve the matter, the student may file an appeal in writing to the Chair of the Graduate Department Academic Appeals Committee (GDAAC) inaccordance with the SGS Academic Appeals Policy.

Physiology GDAAC Membership:

Faculty: J. Duffin (Committee Chair), Z.P. Feng, R. Horner, M. Wheeler

Student: GASP Representative