* Please read and follow all instructions carefully. *
Physiology Application Deadlines
|ADMISSION CYCLE||APPLICATION DEADLINE||DOCUMENT DEADLINE|
|January Admission||October 1||October 15|
** New application deadline for May (summer) admissions application.
1. Please complete the online application and pay the application fees by the application deadline.
2. All documentation must be received by the document deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications to the Department of Physiology must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) using an online application which is housed on a secure server at the University of Toronto.
The online application allows applicants to manage and submit biographical and educational information as well as specific documents (i.e. Statements of Intent, Curriculum Vitae, etc.) immediately to the University. Applicants can edit an in-progress application and check the status of all documents submitted using a secure password and UserID.
A valid email account is needed to complete the online application, as the University will correspond with applicants using email address provided.
How to Apply
- Create an account and/or log in to the online application website at the URL provided below.
- Provide the biographical and education information requested.
- Be prepared to submit contact information for at least two referees. The system will automatically email an electronic submission request to each referee with a valid email address after a payment method is selected . Although you will provide the referee information before payment, the system will not notify your referees until you have selected to pay the application online or offline. Please consult with your referees before you complete the application in order to ensure they are willing and able to provide a reference.
- Submit your payment (online payment is preferred but mail-in payment is available). Payment must be made by the application deadline as specified below.
- Submit an autobiographical essay.
- Upload an electronic or scanned transcript * (with legends & grading scales) from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Arrange to submit English Language Test scores, if applicable. Check English Proficiency Requirement for details.
- Submit your completed application before the deadline.
- For transcripts from Canadian universities only : In lieu of a scanned copy of a paper transcript, applicants may upload a .PDF file of their academic history from their university's student web service. Where possible, the file should include the university's grading legend and your name. If the admissions committee determines that the file is incomplete, you may be asked to submit a copy of the transcript instead.
- Internal applicants do not need to send original University of Toronto transcripts as ROSI print-outs are acceptable.
Documents Required for Admission
Applicants who are given a conditional offer of admission will be required to provide:
- an official paper transcripts (in sealed envelope) from all institutions attended in order to meet the conditions for registration.
- Certified English translations of all international documentation written in a language other than English or French, if applicable.
- Official English test results: Applicants educated outside of Canada, or whose native language is not English, are required to provide evidence of competence in the English language (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS).
Check the SGS On-line Application