2019-20 International Graduate Student Research Award
The Department of Physiology is pleased to announce the 9th competition for the 'International Graduate Student Research Award'. The terms of this program are as follows:
- Up to 2 of $10,000 grant each will be given towards the stipend of a new international graduate student who is registered in the 2019-20 academic year (limited to 1 year).
- Students must be accepted by the Department and registered into the Graduate program (including the signed GEMS graduate student-supervisor agreement) by September 2019 to be considered.
- The awards will prioritized and preference will be given to PhD students, especially PhD (direct entry) students.
- Students with major awards will likely be excluded from this competition.
- The final decisions on fund allocation will be made by the Graduate Studies Committee.
To be eligible, the laboratory of the principal investigator must be in 'good standing' in the Graduate Department of Physiology, with criteria for 'good standing ' to include:
- On-time submission of annual reports by current graduate students in the laboratory
- Routine meetings with the graduate supervisory committees (2 per year) for current graduate students in the laboratory
- Ensure attendance of a minimum of 8 departmental seminars per year by current graduate students in the laboratory
- Participation in Research Platform activities by current graduate students in the laboratory
- Reasonable thesis completion times for out-going graduate students in the laboratory (e.g. 2 years for MSc students and 4-5 years for PhD students)
- Participation in Departmental Education Activities
Supervisors are requested to apply online at International Graduate Student Research Award application by Friday, August 30, 2019 at 9:00 am.
For further information on this program, please contact Rosalie Pang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scott P. Heximer, PhD
Interim Chair, Department of Physiology
Faculty of Medicine
University of Toronto